Alabama Department of Finance Finance Home  |   News  |   Survey/Comments  |   Statements/Policies  |   Contact Finance Dept  
Alabama Department of Finance Alabama Department of Finance
       Skip Navigation Links COVID-19 Update

Certificate of Authority

Alabama law provides that a foreign corporation (an out-of-state company/firm) may not transact business in the State of Alabama until it obtains a Certificate of Authority from the Secretary of State. Section 10-2B-15.01, Code of Alabama 1975. To obtain forms for a Certificate of Authority, contact the Secretary of State, Corporations Division, (334) 242-5324. The Certificate of Authority does not keep the vendor from submitting a bid.  Secretary of State Corporations Division.
Finance Home   |   Alabama Directory   |   Media   |   Online Services   |   |   Alerts   |   Feeds   |
Governor's Site   |   Translation Services:   German (Deutsch)   |   Japanese 日本語   |   Korean 한국어   |   Spanish (Español)