Alabama Department of Finance Finance Home  |   News  |   Survey/Comments  |   Statements/Policies  |   Contact Finance Dept  
Alabama Department of Finance Alabama Department of Finance
       Skip Navigation Links COVID-19 Update

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Are Invitations to Bid available on Purchasing's web site?
    Yes.  They are located under OPEN ITB’s.  Click on OPEN ITB’s and see all of the ITB’s currently available for suppliers to submit a bid.  The OPEN ITB’s are listed by bid opening date.  You should check back often as ITB’s are added daily. 

    If you do find an ITB you would like to bid on, click on the ITB number.  There you will be informed of any addendums and/or any attachments for the ITB.  You MUST become a registered vendor in order to print the ITB, addendum(s), attachment(s), or a COMPLETE COPY of the ITB which will include all attachments and addendums.  It is the vendor's responsibility to check back and see if there have been addendums or changes made to the ITB. 

  2. How do I become a registered vendor with the State of Alabama?
    Visit our vendor registration web page which has all the information you need to become a registered vendor.  You will remain a registered vendor for 2 years after you have completed your online registration and submitted your $200 payment.  Registration and payment can only be made online.  State Purchasing will not accept payment or paper registrations.
  3. Can you tell me who to contact in the Alabama State government concerning the sale of machinery or equipment the State no longer needs?
    Contact the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (ADECA). They handle surplus property. ADECA's phone number is: (334)242-5525. Also, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Public Safety dispose of their own property now. Contact: Department of Transportation at (334)242-6063 and Department of Public Safety at (334)242-4137.

Finance Home   |   Alabama Directory   |   Media   |   Online Services   |   |   Alerts   |   Feeds   |
Governor's Site   |   Translation Services:   German (Deutsch)   |   Japanese 日本語   |   Korean 한국어   |   Spanish (Español)